Graduate degree, Graduate science or exercise-science degree, Undergrad degree, Undergrad science or exercise-science degree Certifications:
F.I.S.T certified, USA Cycling level 2, USAT level 2 Services:
Local bike fitting, One-on-one swim instruction on pool deck, Online coaching, Regular group swim workouts on pool deck, Regular track or group run workouts in person, TrainingPeaks scheduling
General Info: Coach Shanks has been fortunate enough to learn from some great mentors along his journey as a Multisport Coach. A recent transplant to the PNW from the tundra of Wisconsin he looks forward to what the future holds.
Coach Shanks brings a diverse set of hands-on coaching experience, passion and enthusiasm for endurance sports into his role as a Multisport Coach. He has been working with athletes of all abilities and distances since 2008.
- 2007: USA Triathlon Intern
- 2008-2010: Endurance Concepts - Philadelphia, PA and Atlanta, GA.
- 2011-2015: Dynamo Multisport and Dynamo Swim Club
--Multisport Coach (2011-2015), Dryland Coach & Masters Swim Coach (2013-2015)
- 2015-2017: Concordia University Wisconsin
-- NCAA Women's Triathlon Head Coach - Division 3 program that I built from the ground up
-- Whitefish Bay Masters Coach: 2017
- 2017-current: Shanks Coaching
- Two Ironman 70.3 World Championship Qualifiers
- One USAT Age Group National Championships Podium (Sprint)
- Multiple qualifiers for ITU Age Group Worlds, USAT National Championships, Boston Marathon, and first time triathletes to Ironman
- Plethora of PR's and hurdles overcame
Personal Athletic results:
- 5 Ironman finishes including one trip to the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii
- 70.3 PR of 4:57
Complementing his coaching experience, Andrew has earned a Masters in Exercise Science at Georgia State.
- USA Triathlon Level 2 Coach
- USA Triathlon Youth and Junior Coach
- Slowtwitch: Certified Triathlon Swim Coach and Triathlon Cycling Coach Rates & Fees: Multisport: $250/4-weeks
Lactate Testing: $150 first time, $100 follow ups
1:1 Skill Development: Please inquire Training Camps Offered: I was hosting quarterly camps while in Atlanta, GA. I'll be looking to start up again in the PNW once I settle in.
Map location is based off of a geocode of the addressed entered using Google's Google Maps API. If your address does not geocode properly, you can either update the address (we will attempt to re-geocode after any updates to your entry) or you can use Google's geocoding tool found here: http://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/geocoder/singlegeocode.html to obtain a lat/long for your location and enter that. To use the utility, type in an address that is close to your location and then drag-and-drop the marker to obtain the desired lat/long. If you choose to enter a lat/long, you must check the box on the edit page that says, "override geocode with entered lat/long."