Our F.I.S.T Tri Bike Fit workshop schedule is up and ready for reservations. The link to sign up for one of our Fall/Spring workshops is here.
Fit Institute Slowtwitch (F.I.S.T.) is designed to provide bike shop professionals with the tools they need to properly fit a triathlete to his or her triathlon racing bicycle. Our institute produces low-cost, two-day workshops which equip graduates with every knowledge-based tool they need to execute a perfect fit for each tri-specific customer.
Most of our workshops offer a third OPTIONAL day, where we'll bring in a guest who offers a one-day workshop on a theme tangential to the tri bike fit we teach. Our "closing act" third day presenters might be John Cobb, who'll offer a unique view of tri bike fit that's specific to aerodynamics; or Paul Swift, whose bailiwick is pedal-shoe interface (a subject on which we'd like to spend more time in our two-day workshop but—as Roscoe Lee Brown so aptly put it—while we have the inclination, we don't have the time).
1. F.I.S.T. Workshops are described in detail here.
2. All F.I.S.T. workshops begin on Monday at 9AM and end Tuesday between 4PM and 7PM, depending on how long you want to stay and practice the fitting process.
3. The location of the workshops, directions, and so forth, can be found here.
4. The workshops themselves cost $695, not including room and board. When you register here, you'll be charged $295 as a deposit. You'll pay the balance on the second day of the two-day workshop.
5. You can indicate on the registration whether you'll want to attend the third day. There is no additional deposit you'll have to pay. After you complete this registration, you'll receive a follow-up email, asking if you wish to attend the optional third day.
6. Costs: $695 for our 2-day workshop ($295 paid upon registration, $400 on day-2 of the workshop). If you choose to stay for the third optional day, this will cost $175. These workshop charges do NOT include room and board.
7. Most attendees stay next door at a B&B run by ex pro triathlete Mark Montgomery. This is not mandatory, just typical. There is always room at the B&B for all attendees, but you must make a separate reservation for accommodations. You may reach Mark Montomgery at 310-990-1400 or via email.
8. If you'd like to do some preparatory reading to ready you for your workshop experience, navigate to the Tour de Bike Fit on Slowtwitch.com.
Nov 2/3, 2009 (Optional third day: John Cobb on aerodynamics of bike fit)
Jan 11/12, 2010 (Optional third day: John Cobb on aerodynamics of bike fit)
Feb 15/16, 2010 (Optional third day: John Cobb on aerodynamics of bike fit)
Mar 8/9, 2010 (Optional third day: John Cobb on aerodynamics of bike fit)
Mar 29/30, 2010 (Optional third day: Paul Swift on pedal/shoe interface)
Apr 26/27, 2010 (Optional third day: John Cobb on aerodynamics of bike fit)
May 24/25, 2010 (Optional third day: Paul Swift on pedal/shoe interface)