The 2013 US Pro Cycling TT Championships were held today in Chattanooga, TN and Tom Zirbel and Carmen Small grabbed the titles.
1. Tom Zirbel (Boulder, CO) 38:16
2. Brent Bookwalter (Asheville, NC) 38:33
3. Nate Brown (Covington, TN) 38:57:15
4. Lawson Craddock (Austin, TX) 38:57:92
5. Chad Haga (Colorado Springs, CO) 39:02
1. Carmen Small (Durango, CO) 42:37
2. Kristin McGrath (Boise, ID) 42:38
3. Alison Powers (Pinecliffe, CO) 42:50
4. Evelyn Stevens (Dennis, MA) 43:18
5. Jade Wilcoxson (Talent, OR) 43:22
Nervous anticipation in the start house before the 11am start.
Katie Ryan at 5'3" gave the officials an issue with the UCI bike fit rules. Her saddle had to be moved way back.
Molly Van Houweling was the first starter.
Amanda Miler in full flight on the way to 16th place.
Megan Guarnier pushing up the rise towards the start/finish area.
Team Exergy's Kristin McGrath finished second.
Carmen Small stormed to the title.
Jade Wilcoxson would finish 5th at the end of the day.
A final push towards the finish by Jessica Cutler.
Alison Powers on her way to 3rd place.
TN native Nate brown warmed up well and in the end earned a bronze medal after a great ride.
Andrew Baker in the start house is ready to go.
Ben Jacques-Maynes would finish 8th in Chattanooga.
Matthew Busche likely had loftier goals than 7th place.
Bren Bookwalter set a hard pace early on but trailed Tom Zirbel by 4 seconds at the halfway point.
Carter Jones approaches the traffic circle near the start/finish area.
Scott Zwizanski on his way to 9th place.
A final push by Brent Bookwalter but he had to settle for the runner-up spot.
Tom Zirbel took the win by 17 seconds on an Orbea Orca road bike.
The happy champion gets interviewed.