The first of four Canyon 360 LAB Road Shows, Naturally Aspirated by Slowtwitch, will take place at Canyon’s U.S. headquarters in Carlsbad, CA (North San Diego County) on Saturday, Feb. 23, this Saturday.
The other three 360 LAB Road Shows will take place, tentatively, on June 1st in Austin, TX; on June 22nd in the metro NYC area; and on July 13th in Chicago.
What goes on at these things? I’ll be there, with Ian Murray, each of us with fit bikes, and we’ll be fitting all day long pursuant to discovering your appropriate Canyon. No charge, but, first come, first served. You can get on the list if you RSVP for the event, and we’d ask that you RSVP in any case, so that we can plan our hospitality accordingly.
Of the four stops around the country, this one is going to be the biggest:
• Canyon’s big hitter triathletes will be in Carlsbad this weekend: Lionel Sanders, Carrie Lester, Andrew Talansky and Scott DeFillipis. Bob Babbitt will be doing a panel discussion with the four.
• Canyon is flying in 100 of the elusive Speedmax SLX bikes from Germany.
• A 2-hour ride kicks off the day, led by pro triathlete and former ProTour cyclist Andrew Talansky, stewarded by Jay Prasuhn (because he knows the route!) It’ll start at the showroom and ride leisurely south to Torrey Pines and back. Canyon will have a few Canyon Speedmax CF models available for folks to test, so bring your helmet, shoes and pedals, a drivers license and credit card to secure a bike to test ride anytime during the day.
• The day will also serve up one of the most impressive tri-specific expos in the country. Roka, Zoot Sports, Profile Design, Wahoo Fitness, SRAM and Zwift are locked and loaded to join us, with some of the newest goods and technologies for you to check out. For this Carlsbad stop, Zwift and Wahoo Fitness will have a studio available to test on, and there’s talk that Lionel Sanders may do his day’s workout on one of the trainers.
• Lots of giveaways, including a Speedmax CF 8.0; must be there to win it.