Club President: Kathleen Woodhead Board Member(s): Yes, Their Names - Shellie Patton, Merry-Lynn McDonald, Dave Rainey, Michelle Clark, Cameron Clark, Cyndy Bhattacharya, Allie Kemp Total Membership: 600 Club Dues: $30
Club Info: In September of 1989, Houston Racing Triathlon Club (HRTC) was created in an effort to bring together Houston's triathletes to train and share their common interests with one another; but the club served an even greater purpose. That was and still is to increase awareness of and participation in the sport. This not only includes recruiting new members, but also getting support from the local business community for both the club and races. Since the club's inception, our membership has expanded to over 700. The club's primary purpose remains the same, but now members enjoy many more benefits because of the club's growth, generous sponsors, organized and dedicated officers, and the general welfare and popularity of triathlon. The main goals of the club are to:
- Give members a sense of belonging within the club,
- Provide valuable triathlon resources to the members,
- Recruit new people into the club and triathlon,
- Provide rewarding opportunities to actively involved in the club and sport, and
- Serve the community through charity and volunteer efforts. Club Sponsors: See "Discounts" for sponsor information. Club Discounts: - Bike Sport: 15% off merchandise (except bikes, sale merchandise and labor on repairs).
- Finish Line Sports: 20% off merchandise (except sale merchandise).
- Spine & Sports Therapy: 50% off initial exam and 15% off sports injury services.
- MAC (Memorial Athletic Club): 50% off Initiation Fee.
- Rudy Project: 35-40% discount on sunglasses and helmets purchased through their website. E-mail the Membership Chairman for instructions on how to access their web store. Each club member may purchase up to 3 helmets, 5 pairs of sunglasses and 5 pairs of lenses per year. They ask only that you not abuse local retailers by going to try on all 33 models before buying on the web.
- My Fit Foods: 15% discount on food orders.
- Tri On The Run: 15% discount on merchandise (excluding sale items).
- Luke’s Locker: 15% discount (on-sale items and Garmin products excluded from discount) to active HRTC members.
- Bicycle World and Fitness: 15% discount for Houston Racing members on merchandise (excluding labor on repairs and sale merchandise).
- Marshall Back and Body: Initial exam and x-ray with a value of up to $200, HRTC Member will only pay $30. Will honor most major medical plans, for members without insurance coverage, special considerations will be implemented on a case-by-case basis Directions to Workouts & Meeting Location(s): See website for info. Club Workout Schedule: See website for info. Club Meetings & Events Schedule: Club meetings every 2nd Monday of the month. Locations vary. See www.houstonracing.com for more info.
Map location is based off of a geocode of the addressed entered using Google's Google Maps API. If your address does not geocode properly, you can either update the address (we will attempt to re-geocode after any updates to your entry) or you can use Google's geocoding tool found here: http://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/geocoder/singlegeocode.html to obtain a lat/long for your location and enter that. To use the utility, type in an address that is close to your location and then drag-and-drop the marker to obtain the desired lat/long. If you choose to enter a lat/long, you must check the box on the edit page that says, "override geocode with entered lat/long."